Whenever you apply for a job, your resume should be accompanied by a well-crafted cover letter. A cover letter is a one-page document that provides additional information on your skills and experience. It explains to the hiring manager why you are a perfect choice for the said position. It goes beyond your resume to explain in detail how you could add value to the company.
Given below are some tips for writing a job-winning cover letter:
- Read the job description issued by the prospective employer carefully and thoroughly in order to find out what he is looking for.
- Use a cover letter as a marketing tool to sell your skills and competencies in a compelling manner.
- Tailor your cover letter for each job you are going for. Try to find out the name of the person who will be receiving your letter and personalize the letter using the relevant manager or recruitment consultant’s name.
- Make sure that you check the letter for mistakes. Ask a friend or family member to proof read the letter before you email or post it.
Cover Letter Template for Food Crew Member
3927 Case Street • Tallahassee, Florida 49274 • (426) 573-2958 • firstname.lastname@example.org
March 12, 2012
Mr. Adam Anderson
830 Lake Avenue
Tallahassee, Florida 48262
Dear Mr. Anderson:
I am writing in response of your recent advertisement for the position of food crew member at ABC CLUB because I believe that I possess the perfect skillset for the said position.
Below is a list of some of my skills and competencies that I intend to utilize for the advancement of the club if employed:
- Competent at taking customer orders and serving them accordingly in an efficient manner.
- Well-versed at preparing food according to the officially accepted recipes.
- Excellent food handling and sanitation knowledge.
- Knowledge of governmental health regulations and food safety is required.
- Good general math skills along with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above mentioned skills, I am capable of managing and updating stock inventory. I have been responsible for ordering food supplies before they run low. I am also capable of performing simple calculations, generating bills, and accepting cash in exchange of food and drinks sold.
My resume is attached for your perusal. As an enthusiastic candidate, I would appreciate a chance of meeting with you in person at the time of your convenience. I will call your office after 4 days for follow up. In the interim, if you require any additional information regarding my profile, you can contact me at (426) 573-2958.
Thank you for your time and consideration.