Floor Technicians work in various facilities such as hospitals, schools, and gymnasiums, etc where their prime responsibility is to keep premises clean, sanitized, and well-maintained.
General duties of these professionals include cleaning floors, buffing and polishing surfaces, disposing of trash, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, and cleaning the parking area.
Candidates willing to pursue their career as a Floor Technician must exhibit strong cleaning skills, the ability to operate cleaning tools, physical strength, and dexterity along with an ability to lift and move heavy objects.
This job requires no formal education. Having a high school diploma or GED certificate is a plus.
Floor Technician Job Description Sample
• Keep premises clean, sanitized, and well-maintained.
• Sweep, mop, scrub and buff the floor surfaces
• Wash or vacuum carpets and rugs.
• Clean and disinfect bathrooms, and dispose of waste.
• Clean the parking area and clear driveways.
• Perform light window and wall cleaning duties.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all cleaning tools and equipment.
• Identify tools that need major repair and inform the supervisors.
• Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and place orders as required.
• Maintaining cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Perform other tasks as assigned in a professional manner.