A Fast Food Cook completes food preparation duties in fast-food establishments with a limited menu. They prepare and cook food, such as pizza, burgers, sandwiches, fries and fried chicken. Their responsibilities also include operating cooking equipment, mixing ingredients, ensuring food quality, collecting payment, packaging and serving orders.
Working as a fast-food cook can be a little challenging as you always have to be on the go and will also have to work in extreme temperatures. Therefore, the one working in this capacity should have the dexterity and the ability to work long hours in a standing position along with cooking skills, knowledge of food safety and hygiene, customer service orientation, and good communication skills.
No formal education is required for this role. Typically, a high school diploma, GED or equivalent is sufficient to work as a fast-food cook.
Fast-Food Cook Sample Objectives
• An energetic and multi-tasking individual looking to obtain a job at XYZ as a fast-food cook. With 5 years’ experience working in fast food settings. Skilled in performing daily and routine tasks of preparing dishes in line with the instruction of the cook and managers.
• A skilled and passionate fast-food cook, interested in a similar position at ABC, to apply profound skills in preparing food, such as pizza, burgers, sandwiches, fries and fried chicken. Offering 6 years of experience in high volume restaurant coupled with excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, and teamwork mentality.
• An exceptionally creative and seasoned fast food cook with 5 years of experience in the fast-food arena, seeking to join the ABC Fast Food as a fast-food cook and contribute a strong service-orientation, work ethic, customer service skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
• To secure a position as a fast-food cook at one of the most excellent fast food establishments and to contribute my expertise in preparing outstanding food and strong knowledge beverages along with exceptional customer service, and communication skills.
• To obtain a job as a fast-food cook at XYZ. A service-oriented individual bringing expertise in preparing and serving food along with 4 years of experience taking accurate food orders and ensuring restaurant cleanliness.
• A hard-working, enthusiastic, reliable, and service-oriented cook with 6 years of experience preparing food items following standardized processes. Seeking a Fast Food Cook position at ABC. Offering culinary expertise and ability to keep the work area and food preparation equipment clean.