A Fast Food Cook completes food preparation duties in fast-food establishments with a limited menu. They prepare and cook food, such as pizza, burgers, sandwiches, fries and fried chicken. Their responsibilities also include operating cooking equipment, mixing ingredients, ensuring food quality, collecting payment, packaging and serving orders.
Working as a fast-food cook can be a little challenging as you always have to be on the go and will also have to work in extreme temperatures. Therefore, the one working in this capacity should have the dexterity and the ability to work long hours in a standing position along with cooking skills, knowledge of food safety and hygiene, customer service orientation, and good communication skills.
No formal education is required for this role. Typically, a high school diploma, GED or equivalent is sufficient to work as a fast-food cook.
Fast-Food Cook Resume Sample
37 Case Street, Denver, Colorado 80208
A skilled and passionate fast food cook with 6 years experience in the fast-food arena. Expert in baking, grilling, and frying meat and vegetables. Capable of mixing ingredients in accordance with the recipes. Excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, teamwork mentality and ability to work under pressure.
• Expert at reading food order slips and receiving instructions for preparing orders.
• Skilled at operating various kitchen appliances like a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer as well as large-volume cooking equipment, such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
• Qualified to ensure a great presentation by arranging, garnishing, and dressing dishes before they are served.
• Skilled at serving orders to the customers at the windows, counters, and tables.
• Ability to follow food safety procedures according to company policies.
• [List achievements here]
Fast Food Cook
Fast Food Corner – Denver, Colorado | 2017– Present
• Read and interpret order slips and prepare food according to customer orders.
• Cook and prepare food orders according to the given instructions.
• Prep items for later use to save time.
• Monitor inventory and order ingredients and spices as needed.
• Keep the work area and food preparation equipment clean at all times.
Pizzrriba – Denver, Colorado | 2014 – 2016
• Weiged and mixed ingredients for the dough according to the recipe.
• washed, sliced and diced all the vegetables properly.
• kneaded the dough properly and made sure to allow it to rest before using it.
• Placed the topping such as vegetables, olives, cheese, etc based on customer specifications.
• Cooked, baked and garnished all pizzas and bakery items in an effective manner.
High School Diploma
THE CITY SCHOOL, Denver, Colorado – 2013
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Focused on quality
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work efficiently without supervision