Farming is much more complex than many people realize. The farm workers maintain the quality of farms, crops, and livestock by operating machinery and doing physical labor.
Farmers might raise crops, livestock, poultry, fish and shellfish, or produce dairy products, ornamental plants or nursery products. Some farmers raise both crops and livestock or produce food for their animals on the farm. Each type of farming requires specialized skills and knowledge.
General duties of a farm worker include operating farm equipment, tractors, and forklifts; and maintaining all aspects of the ranch, from animal care to land care. There are no specific education requirements that need to be listed on the resumes of Farm Workers, and nearly all Farm Workers learn at least some of their skills while on the job.
A resume for the position of farmworker should demonstrate the ability to handle physically demanding work and perform various tasks on both arable and livestock farms.
Given below is a list of skills that you can consider while writing a resume for the position of farm worker:
Farm Worker Skills and Qualities
• Skille at harvesting and inspecting the crops.
• Able to irrigate farm soil and maintain ditches or pipes and pumps.
• Proficient at operating and servicing farm machinery.
• Knowledge of controlling insects, fungi, and weeds by spraying fertilizers and pesticides.
• Capable of moving shrubs, plants, and trees with wheelbarrows or tractors.
• Experienced at feeding livestock and cleaning their pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
• Well-versed at examining animals in order to detect symptoms of illness or injury.
• Expert at administering vaccines to protect animals from diseases.
• Competent at herding the livestock to pastures for grazing.
• Skilled at planting and tending crops using various equipment.
• Capabale of rearing and tending livestock which includes feeding, caring for sick or newborn animals and using milking machines for dairy work.
• Well-versed at preparing animals for transport.
• Knowledge of maintaining fences and cleaning and repairing farm buildings.
• Proficient maintaining hedges and woodland.
• Capable of maintaining vehicles and machinery.
• Well-versed at digging and maintaining ditches.