Executive assistants are responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the executive directors.
General duties of these professionals include maintaining and updating records, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, providing customer service, and handling correspondence.
An ideal candidate for the position of executive assistant should exhibit good communication and customer service skills along with excellent organization, time management, and prioritization expertise.
No formal education is required for this position. Most employees display a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
Executive Assistant Sample Skills
• Proficient at answering phone calls, welcoming visitors, and providing information about the services provided.
• Skilled in managing calendars, scheduling appointments, and arranging meetings.
• Competent at preparing material for meetings, and taking minutes.
• Qualified to maintain and update records electronically.
• Profound ability to make travel and hotel arrangements.
• Talented at filling out forms, and handling correspondence.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office, Outlook, accounting software, and financing software.
• Ability to use office equipment and manage inventory of supplies.
• Excellent organization, time-management, and multitasking skills.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Exceptional problem-solver, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.