Event Specialists are responsible for organizing and coordinating various events. They plan organize and manage several activities regarding an event such as establishing event concepts and themes, preparing budgets, selecting venues, managing event calendars, handling logistics and event marketing, and processing invoices.
To work as an Event Specialist, an individual should possess skills such as strong communication skills, management skills, organization, multitasking skills, planning, attention to detail, technical skills, computer competencies, and networking skills along with a strong ability to work under pressure.
The minimum educational requirement for an Event Specialist position is a bachelor’s degree either in event management, business management, public relations, marketing, sales, or the hospitality industry.
Event Specialist Resume Sample
123 Sample Avenue
Atlanta, GA 12345
Dedicated, creative, and goal-oriented event specialist with 5 years of hands-on experience in planning, organizing, and managing large and small events. Well-versed in creating event concepts, budgeting, and marketing. Specially skilled in vendor coordination, team supervision, and coordinating activities between different departments. Having strong technical and computer skills along with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Event Planning
• Staffing and Scheduling
• Calendar Handling
• Budget Adherence
• Pre/Post-event Reporting
• Vendor Negotiation
ABC Events, Atlanta, GA | November 2017 – Present
• Determine clients’ goals and objectives for different events
• Develop strategies for events as per clients’ requirements
• Handle buying and shipping materials for events
• Create and manage event calendars and implement the event as per the schedule
• Perform administrative and management tasks like securing a venue, and planning activities for the event
• Coordinate logistical elements such as catering, reservations, and material printing
• Document event deliverables and due dates
ABC Events, Atlanta, GA | August 2013– October 2017
• Anticipated clients’ requirements and developed concepts and strategies for events accordingly.
• Planned and maintained event budgets
• Negociataed sponsorship deals and handled logistics
• Maintained stock levels for various event necessities and restock as required
• Supervised teams and coordinated activities between different departments
• Coordinated with vendors and negotiated prices of various facilities
• Processed payments and invoices
ABC State University, Atlanta, GA – 2012
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
• MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Internet and Social Media