Customer service assistants work in various settings from banks to supermarkets, where they are required to handle customers. Their main responsibility is to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Customer service assistants answer queries and provide advice to make sure that a customer who comes through the door leaves happy. Typical duties of a customer service assistant are giving information, helping solve problems, taking orders, handling complaints, updating computer databases and selling products.
The job of a customer service assistant involves a lot of interaction with the general public in a variety of methods including face-to-face, over the phone and via email, therefore an individual working in this capacity should possess exceptional communication skills, patience, a friendly personality, problem-solving skills and computer literacy. While no formal education is required for Customer Service Assistants except for a high school diploma, some employers may prefer candidates with a degree in communication or similar fields.
Given below is a list of duties that a customer service assistant is required to perform:
Job Description for Customer Service Assistant Resume
• Deal with customers and tell them about the operating procedures of the company.
• Consult with customers in order to determine their shopping or other requirements and serve them accordingly.
• Direct or accompany the customers to the required aisle.
• Tell the customer about the features of a product and provide them with physical demonstration if required.
• Make sure that all the shelves are clean, well-organized and properly stocked.
• Receive phone calls and provide the customer with necessary information regarding the products and services provided by the organization.
• Actively listen to the customers complaints and try to resolve the matter in a calm and agreeable manner.
• Help the customers during payment procedures and assist in processing credit card and cash payments.
• Receive payment, provide change, issue receipt and answer customer queries.
• Tell the customers about the refund and exchange policy of the company.
• Provide the customers with excellent customer service to make sure that they enjoy their visit and leave happy.
• Take required customer information such as phone number and email address for the purpose of product delivery or inform them regarding new deals and services in future.
• Provide the cashier with assistance in balancing the cash register, determining cash discrepancies and resolving them.