Importance of a good resume can never be underestimated. A resume plays key role in creating the first impression that a potential employer will have of you. In order to create a positive first impression on the prospective employer, you have to come up with a unique and attractive resume.
To write a successful resume for a Cosmetologist position, read the issued job description carefully and thoroughly then highlight the required skills in such a manner that convinces the employer that you are the perfect candidate for this position. An ideal resume for such position should highlights skills such as customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal skills, attention to details, and safety and sanitation guidelines knowledge.
Following is a sample resume for a Cosmetologist position for your guidance:
Resume Sample for Cosmetologist Position
782 Lake Street • St. Paul, Minnesota 89327 • (222) 111-3333 • Anna@email.com
A multi-talented and versatile Cosmetologist with 6+ years’ experience in delivering high quality professional beauty services. Expert in skin care remedial techniques and facial make up art. Track record of consistently enhancing and maintaining client satisfaction through demonstrating knowledge of latest trends in cosmetology.
SKIN CARE EXPERTISE
• Facial Therapy • Massage Therapy • Skin Wax
• Nail Care • Deep Cleansing • Spa Operation
• Makeup • Deep Oil Therapy • Skin Treatment
HAIR CARE EXPERTISE
• Shampooing • Trimming • Coloring
• Highlighting • Dress Wigs • Massage
• Hair cuts • Scalp treatment • Up-dos/Perms
ABC BEAUTY SALON, St. Paul, Minnesota
Cosmetologist February 2017 to Present
• Greeted and seated customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Customized and performed facials for each client based on their skin type.
• Analyzed patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend
beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
• Utilized computer Salon System to maintain appointments and client information.
• Educated customers by recommending products that fit their personal needs.
• Achieved cosmetology excellence award from in 2017 based on dynamic styling services.
ULTRA BEAUTY SALON, St. Paul, Minnesota
Cosmetologist Assistant May 2014 to January 2017
• Prepared hair for styling by analyzing hair condition; shampooing and treating hair.
• Maintained safe and healthy conditions by following organization standards and legal regulations.
• Maintained records of services offered and total cost amount collected from the customers
• Contributed to a 15% revenue increase in the first year by bringing current clientele to the spa.
Current State Cosmetician License
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
City College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2014
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology
Hair Styling Diploma
State Certified Makeup Artist
American Association of Cosmetology, AAOC
L’Oreal Skin and Hair Research Centre
International Society of Aestheticians and Hair Stylists