Clothing Store Cashiers work at the checkout areas of the stores and are responsible for handling transactions fast and accurately.
Further responsibilities include greeting customers, providing information about products, scanning item prices, operating cash registers, collecting payments, and counting money.
A resume for clothing store cashier position should exhibit strong numeracy skills, attention to details, customer service orientation, fast thinking, problem-solving skills, communication, and teamwork. Moreover, knowledge of operating POS systems, and processing cash and credit card payments should also be highlighted. Most Cashiers hold a high school diploma or the equivalent.
Given below are some sample skills for clothing store cashier:
Clothing Store Cashier Skills Sample
• Skilled in greeting and communicating with customers in an effective manner.
• An active listener capable of giving full attention to what other people are saying and understand their point.
• Qualified to scan goods and collect payments from customers.
• Well-versed at handling cash, cheque, and credit/debt card transaction with customers.
• Capable of weighing items sold to determine the prices.
• Expert at bagging , boxing and wrapping merchandise,
• Experienced in handling Handle customer returns, refunds and exchanges.
• Ability to accurately handle money and count change.
• Track record of resolving customers complaints and answering their queries.
• Qualified to operate computer and handle cash transaction as per Company directives.
• Able to maintain a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
• Proficient at performing daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning.
• Strong attention to detail, with honesty and multi-tasking abilities.
• Effective communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manager rush at the cash counter and work standing on feet for long hours.