Finance clerks are primarily responsible for managing the finances of an organization. These professionals perform administrative as well as customer-service responsibilities in order to ensure a smooth flow of financial and administrative operations.
The duties of a finance clerk include maintaining and updating financial records, making basic calculations, processing invoices, tracking transactions, preparing documents, and providing excellent customer service.
To work as a finance clerk, one should have good financial and mathematical skills along with a strong understanding of financial transactions and bookkeeping processes. Moreover, he/she should have strong communication skills, computer skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is generally required to work as a finance clerk.
Finance Clerk Sample Skills
• Deeply familiar with accounting and bookkeeping processes
• Proficient in managing and updating financial records
• Competent in tracking transactions to ensure all transactions are in accordance with financial policies
• Effectively able to prepare and process checks and payrolls
• Particularly effective in entering invoices, payroll records, and data of team members accurately into the system
• Special talent in identifying and resolving financial discrepancies
• Strong mathematical and financial skills
• Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Specifically skilled in using accounting software such as Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Great attention to deal and accuracy
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills