Finance clerks are primarily responsible for managing the finances of an organization. These professionals perform administrative as well as customer-service responsibilities in order to ensure a smooth flow of financial and administrative operations.
The duties of a finance clerk include maintaining and updating financial records, making basic calculations, processing invoices, tracking transactions, preparing documents, and providing excellent customer service.
To work as a finance clerk, one should have good financial and mathematical skills along with a strong understanding of financial transactions and bookkeeping processes. Moreover, he/she should have strong communication skills, computer skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is generally required to work as a finance clerk.
Finance Clerk Sample Resume
712 Sample Street, Richmond, VA 12345
(012) 345-6789, Email
Hard-working and detail-oriented professional with 6+ years of experience in providing financial and clerical services to ensure smooth and efficient financial and administrative operations. Proficient in processing invoices, making deposits, and tracking transactions. Highly skilled in using accounting software, maintaining financial records, and preparing documents.
• Strong mathematical and financial skills
• Proficient at using MS Office Suite
• Skilled in using accounting software such as Quickbooks, Xero, and Sage
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
ABC Company – Richmond, VA
May 2016 – Present
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry purposes and make sure each invoice is accurately entered into the system
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions
• Verify and monitor financial transactions
• Maintain and update financial records
• Calculate employee benefits and salaries
• Prepare and process checks and payrolls
• Perform audits and account reconciliations
XYZ Company – Richmond, VA
March 2012 – April 2016
• Verified transactions and payment documents
• Processed payments and prepared checks for mailing
• Maintained listings of accounts receivables and payables
• Made sure that the general labor is properly updated
• Prepared financial documents such as spreadsheets, reports, and statements
• Assisted clients with opening and closing accounts
• Perform administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, emails, etc.
Sample College, Richmond, VA | 2002
Bachelor of Science in Finance