Finance clerks are primarily responsible for managing the finances of an organization. These professionals perform administrative as well as customer-service responsibilities in order to ensure a smooth flow of financial and administrative operations.
The duties of a finance clerk include maintaining and updating financial records, making basic calculations, processing invoices, tracking transactions, preparing documents, and providing excellent customer service.
To work as a finance clerk, one should have good financial and mathematical skills along with a strong understanding of financial transactions and bookkeeping processes. Moreover, he/she should have strong communication skills, computer skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is generally required to work as a finance clerk.
Finance Clerk Sample Job Description
• Update and maintain financial records
• Process routine banking, transactions, and petty cash
• Monitor financial transactions and make sure that all transactions are in accordance with financial policies and procedures
• Reconcile received invoices by identifying and resolving discrepancies
• Enter invoices accurately into the system
• Prepare and process checks and payrolls
• Enter payroll records and data of team members accurately into the system
• Handle accounts payable and receivable
• Perform audits and account reconciliations
• Prepare financial documents such as spreadsheets, reports, and statements
• Help clients with opening and closing accounts
• Explain applications and contracts to clients’ answer their questions and help them in filling out applications if needed
• Perform administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, emails, etc.