Child Caretakers are responsible for supervising and instructing children when their parents are not around. They perform various duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
These duties include preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, providing them with age-appropriate instruction implementing safety regulations, creating lesson plans, maintaining play equipment, and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way.
To work as a child caretaker, an individual should be skilled in looking after children and have the ability to nurture and inherent patience. Furthermore, a child caretaker should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, empathy, attention to safety, reporting skills, and teamwork.
A degree in early childhood education and experience working with children is required to work as a child caretaker.
Following is a sample resume for the position in consideration. Have a look:
Resume Sample for Child Caretaker
777 Seventh Street
Richmond, Virginia 12345
Dedicated and nurturing caretaker with 7+ years of experience working with infants to school-age children. Possess a strong ability to keep children engaged and under control. Expert in working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals. Certified in C.P.R., First Aid, and Communicable Disease Awareness and Treatments.
(Mention you accomplishments)
|• Physical Development||• Emergency Handling||• Safety Assurance|
|• Personal Needs Assistance||• Meal Preparation||• Hygiene Promotion|
|• Activities Organizing||• Schedule Development||• Special Needs Assistance|
|• Progress Recording||• Behavior Management||• School Readiness|
ABC Company, Richmond, Virginia 2016-present
• Develop and encourage age-appropriate learning and socialization activities to ensure children learn basic skills, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
• Create schedules to make sure that children have adequate physical activity, rest, food, and intellectual stimulation.
• Encourage children to participate in all activities
• Monitor children keeping them safe and healthy.
• Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
• Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents’ or guardians’ attention.
• Handle emergencies such as accidents and injuries by performing First Aid.
ABC ChildCare Services, Richmond, Virginia 2012-2016
• Plan and prepare meals for the children.
• Organize play activities for the children and accompany them to activities outside the home environment.
• Keep the play area safe and free from hazards.
• Sanitize play equipment, games, and toys on a regular basis.
• Discipline children using methods approved by the parents.
• Monitor children’s activities during meals and rest periods, as requested by parents.
• Keep records of everyday activities and health information about each child.
High School Diploma
ABC High School, Richmond, Virginia – 2015