Business consultant is a professional who helps companies improve and optimize their overall business model. They utilize the information available from that company to assess weaknesses and recommend solutions.
First of all, business consultants discuss requirements with the clients to understand what want to improve or fix. Then they review financial statements, monitor competitors, and analyze business practices. After the assessment, they make recommendations or recommend new business models.
Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree in business is required to work as a business consultant.
Furthermore, to work in this capacity, one should have skills like business management expertise, problem solving orientation, creativity, communication skills, and networking.
Business Consultant Resume Sample
1694 Main Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia 12345
A well-qualified and result-driven business consultant with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in analyzing business practices for weaknesses and providing solutions to help the companies improve their productivity and profitability levels. Proficient in determining clients’ requirements, and providing solutions with attention to their wishes, capabilities and limitations. Excellent problem-solver and decision-maker with strong communication and negotiation skills.
|– Needs Assessment||– Business Plan Development||– Data Compilation|
|– Solutions Management||– Change Management||– Strategy Development|
|– Client Guidance||– Problem Detection||– Business Optimization|
|– Situation Evaluation||– Staff Coaching||– Marketing Support|
ABC Company Atlanta, Georgia 2015-present
• Confer with clients in order to understand what they wish to improve.
• Perform initial assessments for each client before the project begins.
• Gather information about the client’s business through shadowing, interviews, surveys etc.
• Create reports and present findings to clients with solutions.
• Make recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities and limitations.
• Assist with the implementation of changes and resolve any occasional discrepancies.
• Assess effectiveness of changes that were implemented.
• Review, evaluate, and prepare reports on data that affect business performance.
Associate Business Consultant
AAA Organization., Atlanta, Georgia 2010-2015
• Interacted with clients and project team to plan and develop project work.
• Conducted research and information gathering.
• Created structure documentation and presentation of findings.
• Scheduled client meetings to discuss about project updates and issues.
• Identified business trends, consequently recommended appropriate strategies and logistics to increase business opportunities.
• Provided training to clients on project deliverables when needed.
• Responded to client’s concerns in a timely manner.
Master of Business Administration
XYZ Business School, Atlanta, Georgia – 2013