Writing a resume for a bus driving position can be rather difficult, particularly if the applicant is inexperienced. However most resumes now use a professional summary to begin with, still for candidates with no experience, selecting a career objective to start the resume is a better choice. After the objective statement, the resume will have all the general sections like qualifications, expertise, education and experience.
Although, experience can be omitted if there is no work experience or may be some volunteer work can fill the section. In entry level resumes, where there is no experience to demonstrate, the employer’s focus automatically shifts to the expertise and qualifications sections. So ensure that these sections are composed carefully to make a good impression.
Below is a sample resume for bus driver position particularly for candidates with no experience.
Resume Sample for Bus Driver (No Experience)
543 Noon Avenue
Tallahassee, Florida 57463
(576) 998-8654, Aidan@email.com
OBJECTIVE: Committed and reliable person looking for a position as a Bus Driver with the ABC Transport System. Outstanding bus driving and ticket handling expertise together with knowledge of safe bus driving practices makes me suitable for this position.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• CDL B with airbrakes and passenger endorsement.
• First Aid training.
• Clear criminal and medical record.
• Complete understanding of bus and passenger safety procedures.
• Substantial knowledge of the US driving laws and policies.
• Capability to drive buses with manual and automatic transmissions.
|RELATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE|
|● Basic bus mechanics||● Maintaining passenger records|
|● Doors and windows operations||● Sharp reflexes|
|● Precautionary maintenance||● Billing, ticketing and fare|
|● Excellent eye hand coordination||● Mitigating conflicts|
TRAINING AND INTERNSHIP
Dell Bus Service Station, Miami, FL | Spring 2010
Worked as a bus driving intern while receiving a short training as a junior bus driver.
High School Diploma | High School, Tallahassee, Florida | 2009
• Excellent analytical, time management and decision making expertise.
• Multi lingual ability (English, Urdu and Turkish).
• Respectful attitude towards all passengers.
• Take pleasure in assisting disabled and elderly.
• Able to lift loads up to 80 lbs.