Bartenders are professionals who work in coffee shops to make and serve coffee to customers. With the development of coffee shop business across the country, bartenders are becoming popular and many hiring managers are now looking for experienced individuals to handle coffee making in their settings.
To work as a bartender, you don’t require formal education however a high school diploma is preferred by many recruiters. In coffee shops, bartender may be the first person you meet when you enter in the premises. They will take your order and then make your coffee, cappuccino, espresso or latte accordingly. It may seem that making coffee is no big deal however in reality, good coffee is hard to make and only an experienced one can make coffee that is certain to be kind to your taste buds.
Since coffee is very popular in the United States, it is essential to make it perfectly which is the reason there is a lot of need of bartenders. But bartenders don’t only make coffee, they also perform several other duties in a coffee shop.
Following are some sample statements that will assist recruiters to advertise a job and help candidates in making a successful resume for bartender position.
Bartender Job Description Sample
• Welcome customers as they enter the setting, take order and make coffee accordingly.
• Talk to guests to decide exactly how they want their coffee i.e. light or strong.
• Give limited information to guests and visitors on how the coffee is prepared.
• Make coffee in front of the customers and take any input positively.
• Serve hot coffee quickly and proficiently.
• Provide customers with information regarding deals and new food and beverage items.
• Replace coffee that may have been served cold or is not liked by customers.
• Describe menu items to customers in a bid to increase sales.
• Take orders for cupcakes, biscuits or bagels.
• Receive payment in return of coffee sold.
• Process cash and credit card payments through the POS.
• Keep the work area neat and tidy.
• Ensure that coffee mugs and plates are clean and sterilized.
• Prepare trays with coffee mugs and side orders.
• Make sure that the coffeemaker is working properly at all times.
• Perform preventative and general maintenance on coffee machines on daily basis.
• Ensure that all coffee blends are available at all times.
• Dispense coffee beans in jars and put them near the counter.