Bakery Cashiers work in establishments selling pastries and are responsible for greeting customers, making sure their needs are met, handling all customer payment and credit transactions, answering customer queries, serving them quickly and efficiently, ordering supplies, and removing outdated food.
To work as a bakery cashier, one should possess skills like excellent communication skills, customer service skills, numeracy skills, problem-solving ability, teamwork, multitasking, and the ability to follow direction.
Education requirements for this job include a high school or general education diploma.
Given below is a list of duties that you will be required to carry out as a cashier:
Bakery Cashier Job Description
• Welcome customers and visitors to the bakery in a pleasing manner.
• Help customers in choosing bakery products of their choice.
• Make sure that customers’ needs and requirements are met.
• Direct visitors to appropriate areas throughout the setting.
• Perform upselling activities in order to meet sales targets.
• Provide pricing and expiry information.
• Receive and disburse money in establishments.
• Use electronic scanners and cash registers.
• Process credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
• Maintain and balance a cash drawer daily.
• Operate the cash register and provided receipts and change to customers
• Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures.
• Ensure that the cash drawer is accurately balanced at the end of the day.
• Perform daily bank deposits.
• Pack purchased items according to provided instructions.
• Ensure that proper food safety guidelines are followed.
• Function machinery inside the bakery.
• Ensure a sanitary and organized working place.
• Created and maintained effective liaison with banks for deposit purposes.
• Ensure that fresh stocks of bakery products are displayed always.
• Handle discrepancies such as excess or missing cash.