Present-day teachers feel that school is not restricted to just books and homework; recreational activities also play an essential part in the learning process. As remedial programs are the common now, many teachers prefer that they make them interesting so that more students are attracted towards them. After School Program Coordinators are employed to manage after school programs for remedial and recreational necessities of students.
After school program coordinators work on many levels in order to supervise classes and activities in an after school program. They work with senior teachers to identify the need for remedial classes and other physical and mental activities that may be useful for students. As part of their work, these experts use various techniques to support social and emotional development of students. They promote positive behavior and help students in performing various activities assigned to them.
The subsequent list of obligations will give you a better understanding of what an after school program coordinator does:
After School Program Coordinator Job Description and Duties
• Consult with senior and aide teachers to determine a class’s requirements for remedial classes.
• Organize after school programs to fulfill the needs of each student enrolled in the program.
• Prepare syllabus for remedial classes and other activities.
• Put into practice the syllabus by developing proper lesson plans and imparting them strategically.
• Make and implement procedures and policies for after school programs.
• Make sure and support positive student behavior by means of modeling.
• Interview and appoint instructors to give support to the after school program.
• Ensure that every instructor is given instructions for his or her lesson.
• Establish communication between school management and students.
• Evaluate students on the basis of their ability to handle information
• Note result of the judgments and discuss the same with parents.
• Handle records of students enrolled in the after school program in a confidential way.
• Implement emergency procedures when needed.
• Spot student wrongdoing and try to correct it.
• Verify that all program areas are kept neat and tidy at all times.