HSE Advisors, or Health and Safety Officers, are responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture within the workplace. As a health and safety advisor, officer or practitioner, you will be responsible for investigating/recording incident, identifying potential hazards, determining ways of reducing risks, writing reports, and keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
An ideal resume for HSE position should demonstrate excellent skills strong written and verbal communication skills, good organizational skills along with attention to detail, problem-solving skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
Following is an excellent resume for HSE advisor that will assist you while writing one for yourself:
HSE Advisor Resume Sample
674 Case Avenue • St. Paul, Minnesota 96752 • (061) 169-4938 • email@example.com
HSE ADVISOR ~ 4 YEARS
An ambitious and dedicated professional with 4 years of experience as an HSE advisor. A successful track record of identifying safety threats and suggesting cost-effective and environment-friendly solutions to same. Strong ability to evaluate processes for compliance with client Industry and legislated standards for health safety and environment.
|▬ Facility Inspection||▬ Policy Implementation||▬ Environmental Testing|
|▬ Risk Evaluation||▬ Accident Investigation||▬ Operational Support|
|▬ DSE Assessment||▬ Safety Review||▬ Legal Assistance|
|▬ OH&S Compliance||▬ API Adherence||▬ Post Incident Evaluation|
• Re-engineered the environmental permitting process by conducting a benchmark study considering international best practices resulting in a 40%reduction of approval time.
• Planned, supervised & evaluated activities of 20 HSE professional staff that assured the company’s compliance.
• Created and implemented corrective action plans and performed follow-up to ensure proper action has been taken to correct reckless actions.
ABC Company, St. Paul, Minnesota
HSE Advisor, March 2016 to Present
• Conduct incident investigations for any/all on-site incidents
• Conduct monthly safety meetings to address arising issues and safety concerns
• Promote a culture of safety through presence on job site and positive reinforcement of safe behavior
• Provide first aid to injured employees and manage medical appointments
XYZ Organization, St. Paul, Minnesota
Safety Advisor, January 2014 to February 2016
• Provide guidance of internal and external compliance policies and regulations
• Managed relationships with outside vendors for security, waste, building work, and electrical upgrades in terms of negotiations, contracts, proposals, communication, etc
• Provide technical assistance and guidance on the conduct of security risk assessments and development of contingency plans as well as Standard Operating Procedures
State College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2013
B.S., Occupational Health and Safety Management
Mention your affiliations here.