Administrative Assistants provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of an office. They can have a very wide array of clerical duties, depending on the type of administrative support needed by the company where they work.
In order to secure the position of an administrative assistant, you must compose a unique and compelling resume. Following are some tips for writing a strong resume for such position:
1. Tailor your resume for every position you apply. Choose a format that best highlights your skills and competencies.
2. Start your resume with a strong performance profile or summary. This will help grab the reader’s attention as soon as he starts reading your resume.
3. Do not fill your resume with irrelevant information. Highlight your job relevant skills and abilities in form of your achievements.
Below is a resume sample for the position of an administrative assistant for your guidance.
Administrative Assistant Resume Example
829 Sample Street
Atlanta, Georgia 87293
(222) 333-5555 | Harry@email.com
Highly-motivated, and energetic Administrative Assistant with 9 years’ hands-on experience working in diverse office environments. Proficient in providing support to executives, taking minutes, handling appointments and messages, and writing correspondence. Strong background in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. An expert communicator who is known for multitasking and completion of assigned tasks within the deadline.
✓ Meetings Organization ✓ Calendar Keeping ✓ Meeting Minutes Taking
✓ Record Keeping ✓ Inventory Control ✓ Correspondence Handling
✓ Travel Arrangements ✓ Documentation ✓ Front Desk Operations
✓ Database Management ✓ Payroll Processing ✓ Files Maintenance
• Handled all accounts payable and receivable for dealership that grossed $170,000 for the year.
• Increased 40% customer satisfaction level by training staff in customer service arena.
• Mentored new administrative assistant resulting in a GSK Bronze Spirit Award.
AAA Organization, Atlanta, Georgia | January 2013 – Present
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
• Organize and book travel arrangements for senior manager.
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
• Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
• Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and technique
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Provide information by answering questions and requests
XYZ Company, Atlanta, Georgia | September 2008 – December 2013
• Answer telephone calls and pass them on.
• Greet and assist visitors to the office and guided them to the relevant person.
• Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
• Arrange conference rooms and facilities for meetings as required and take accurate minutes of meetings.
• Keep office neat, clean and well-maintained.
• Receive, sort and distribute the mail.
Business and Organizational Management Certification | 2007
Associate of Arts in Office Management
City College, Atlanta, Georgia
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Peach tree and Publisher
• Database, Quick books