Garage attendants are generally employed by organizations to handle parking problems. Popular employers for garage attendants include large conglomerates, hotels and healthcare facilities due to the huge amount of vehicles involved.
Generally, garage attendants welcome customers and take over their cars from them so that they can find a good parking space for them while they attend to their business. When customers return, it is the duty of a garage attendant to bring the car back so that customers can go home.
Parking and retrieving cars is not all that garage attendants do. This is a position of responsibility where garage attendants are needed to keep record of car keys and cars and also take payment for their services. If you are thinking about what to write in a resume for this position, the succeeding resume sample will interest you.
Sample Resume for Garage Attendant
645 Model Street
Austin, Texas 67543
PROFILE: A customer service oriented individual with a positive nature and professional attitude. Well-versed in driving and parking cars in agreement with the organizations’s regulations. In depth knowledge of handling additional work duties such as ticket dispensing and cash collection.
|✔ Parking vehicles||✔ Maintaining inventory and records|
|✔ Collecting tickets||✔ Preparing daily cashier report|
|✔ Making deposits||✔ Sanitation of work area|
• Developed and executed a system that was targeted at keeping all parking equipment in good working order.
• A skilled and active team player in fixing parking meters and ticket spitters.
• Collaborated with the administration to create a business parking incentive plan.
• Trained four lots of garage attendants in record time for the new parking lot’s inauguration.
AAA Hotels and Resorts, Austin, Texas | August 2014 – Present
• Welcome customers as they enter the hotel.
• Ask patrons if they require valet parking services.
• Take keys from car owners and any instructions related to the car under consideration.
• Issue parking tickets or help with operating ticket spitters.
• Drive cars to proper parking space and park cars.
• Wait for customers to come out and get tickets from them.
• Take payments in exchange of services provided.
• Locate visitors’ vehicles in the garage or parking lot and retrieve it.
• Drive the car to the point where the customers await and hand it to over.
• Guarantee the safety of the car while the customers are not present.
ABC Holdings, Austin, Texas | December 2012 – August 2014
Parking Lot Attendant
• Ensured cleanliness and maintenance of parking lot
• Removed debris from work area
• Drove customers’ and visitors’ cars to the appropriate parking lot
• Retrieved cars when customers and visitors return
• Took necessary measures to ensure safety of car at all times
XYZ High School, Austin, Texas– 2011
High School Diploma