Tile installers are responsible for putting in tiles to cover surfaces like countertops, floors, and patios. They place tiles for covering floors in both residential and commercial buildings.
General duties of tile installers include mixing epoxy, grout, and cement; lining up tile using straightedges, squares, and levels; and preparing grout and applying it between joints of tiles with the help of grouting trowels.
Ideal candidates should exhibit physical fitness, stamina, the ability to work in a leaning position, good time management, the ability to lift heavy material, and attention to detail. Not much formal education is requisite for this position.
Tile Setter Sample Duties
• Communicate with clients to determine their requirements.
• Take measurements of the area that needs to be tiled and
• Determine stock requirements and order stock supplies.
• Cut and shape the tiles to size.
• Gather tiling equipment.
• Install flooring fixtures using hand and machine tools.
• Remove old flooring and clean and level the surface area.
• Spread mortar across the floor and layout tile above the mortar.
• Apply tiling grout in between tiles.
• Clean the surface and perform the post-installation inspection.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.