Tile installers are responsible for putting in tiles to cover surfaces like countertops, floors, and patios. They place tiles for covering floors in both residential and commercial buildings.
General duties of tile installers include mixing epoxy, grout, and cement; lining up tile using straightedges, squares, and levels; and preparing grout and applying it between joints of tiles with the help of grouting trowels.
Ideal candidates should exhibit physical fitness, stamina, the ability to work in a leaning position, good time management, the ability to lift heavy material, and attention to detail. Not much formal education is requisite for this position.
Tile Setter Sample Resume
72 Case Street, Boise, Idaho 83709
Strong tile setter candidate with extensive experience in tile installation in both residential and commercial buildings. Talented at determining client’s requirements and cutting and installing tiles accordingly. Competent at performing the post-installation inspection.
• Tile Shaping • Artistic Balance
• Mortar Mixing • Minor Carpentry
• Grouting and Sealing • Measuring Prowess
• Tile Finishing • Cost and Labor Estimation
• Blueprints Comprehension • Aesthetic Designing
• Remodeling • Renovation Support
XYZ Services, Boise, Idaho | 2016 – Present
• Determine client’s requirements and stock required to meet their requirements.
• Take measurements of the area to be tiled and estimate the material and labor required for the project.
• Come up with different designs according to the client’s requirements
• Provide cost information about the available tile designs.
• Remove old flooring and level floor for applying new flooring.
• Gather tiling equipment and cut and shape the tiles to size.
• Spread mortar across the floor and layout tile above the mortar.
• Apply tiling grout between tiles and clean the surface.
ABC Company, Boise, Idaho | 2015 – 2016
• Measured the space that needs to be tiled and cut and shape tiles according to that space.
• Prepared walls and floors for tiling by removing old tiles and grout by using scrapers.
• Leveled surfaces, applied mortar, and installed tiles.
• Used spacers and other tools as needed for even tile placement.
• Applied grout and sealants to set the tiles in place.
• Performed post-installation inspection.
• Maintained a clean and safe work environment.
High School Diploma | 2014
Case High School, Boise, Idaho
Tile Cutting Training (Company Sponsored) | 2014