Personal shoppers provide assistance to customers while shopping. They guide the customers and make recommendations based on customers’ requirements. These professionals have substantial knowledge regarding products, trends, and services.
Since this job involves a lot of communication and interaction with customers, therefore, it is very important for personal shoppers to have good communication skills. Some other skills that are important for personal shopper position are excellent customer service skills, time management, organization skills, and computer literacy.
No formal education is required for this position, while people in this role generally have a background in sales or fashion and marketing.
Personal Shopper Skills
• Ability to take and process orders either through live chat, telephone calls, or email.
• Effectively able to communicate and interact with customers.
• Substantial knowledge regarding products, trends, and services.
• Competent in providing outstanding customer service, offering information, making recommendations, and addressing any concerns.
• Adept at suggesting substitute products on the basis of user requirements and specifications.
• Demonstrated expertise in responding to customer queries properly.
• Particularly effective in using technology for processing orders.
• Able to effectively use recent smartphones.
• Physical dexterous and ability to lift and transport 30+ pounds of groceries and other items.
• Proficient in prioritizing tasks and managing time effectively.
• Excellent customer service skills, organization skills, and computer literacy.