A resume is a document that summarizes your work experience, education, skills and accomplishments for a prospective employer. It is the most important tool when applying for a job. It is a marketing tool that sells your skills and competencies and helps you land an interview successfully.
Writing a resume is not a difficult task. But if you don’t put enough time and effort in writing one, it can cause you a lot of trouble. No matter how much skilled or qualified you are, if your resume is poorly presented, it can destroy your chances of getting an interview. Therefore, you must put enough time and effort in writing your resume.
In order to compose a successful resume for a SEO job, read the job description issued by the prospective employer carefully and thoroughly. After that, make a list of your skills and relate them to the employer’s demands. Also, include some job relevant accomplishments to portray a strong first impression. If you want your resume to stand out, it is better not to use built-in-resume templates that are available on internet. For writing an effective resume for SEO job, choose a unique format that best highlights your skills.
Given below is a sample resume for an SEO Specialist for your guidance.
Resume Sample for SEO
672 Star Avenue • Trenton, New Jersey 76293 • (342) 902-9244 • Danny@email.com
Profile Summary: A highly skilled and result-oriented individual with 4+ years’ experience in e-business optimization organizations. Well-versed in performing SEO analysis, implementing link building campaigns, monitoring web analytics and supervising search engine software. Specially recognized for developing and integrating content marketing strategies and recommending changes to web architecture and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
|• Landing Page Quality||• Keyword Research||• Speed Optimization|
|• Keywords Placement||• Backlinks Development||• Content Management|
|• Webpage Design||• Social Media Interaction||• Navigation Improvement|
|• PPC Campaigns||• Meta/Heading Tags||• Trends Identification|
|• Mobile Strategies||• Offpage/Onpage SEO||• Data Analysis|
• Enthusiastic individual with an analytical mind.
• Skilled in HTML coding.
• Proficient at using Microsoft Excel.
• Achieved highest overall rankings on SEO team for consecutive months while effectively maintaining a positive client relationship
• Increased and maintained annotation click through rates at 11% for AAA Company and 8% for ABC GROUP, far above the industry average.
• Acquired 1st page rankings across all three major search engines while driving quality traffic and leads to clients
• Hired over 100 employees and managed them through a team structure of 8 teams
AAA Company, Honolulu, Hawaii, September 2015 to present
• Develop and implement interactive marketing strategies to ensure optimal results.
• Troubleshoot errors via Webmaster Tools and produce audits that summarize website situation as it pertains to SEO.
• Analyze data to identify trends, generate reports and adjust campaigns as necessary to produce the most optimal ROI.
ABC GROUP, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 2012-August 2015
• Executed SEO strategy, including keywords research, on page and off page optimization.
• Tracked, optimized and reported on PPC campaigns performance.
• Managed social media campaigns and other day-to-day activities.
CITY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Honolulu, Hawaii – 2011
BS – Information Technology
Major: Web Development