When writing a resume for sales associate position while experience is scanty and all you have to mention is may be a summer internship or some volunteer work, a skills based / functional resume is what you need.
This kind of resume is modified to draw the attention of the recruiter towards the applicant’s abilities and knowledge rather than work history.
Below is an excellent entry level sales associate resume for your guidance.
Resume Template for Sales Associate ( No Experience )
564 Example Street
St. Paul, Minnesota 57469
(543) 674-0985, Adler@email.com
Profile: Passionate and customer-centered candidate desiring to become a part of the winning sales team of Q’s Cosmetics. Bringing intensive training and gained abilities in sales enhancement and management to exceed the sales targets.
M.B.A – Sales & Marketing | NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY, Seattle, WA – 2012
B.A Business Economics | PROFESSIONAL COLLEGE, Seattle, WA – 2010
|STRENGTHS AND KNOWLEDGE|
|• POS system||• Complaint processing||• Conflict resolution|
|• Cashiering||• Product promotion||• Inventory management|
|• Product display||• Online sales promotion||• Client retention|
|• Store maintenance||• Referral business||• Bilingual: English/Spanish|
QUALIFICATIONS IN SALES
• Capable of projecting product information and specifications through effective presentations.
• Comprehensive understanding of planning, designing and launching promotional campaigns for new merchandise within limited budget.
• Well-versed in analyzing customer’s feedback and communicating the same to the senior administrative level.
• Expert in supervising market competency analysis and developing sales and campaign designs accordingly.
Sales Intern | BEST AND LESS, St. Paul, Minnesota | Spring 2012
• Greeted customers and guided them about the features of a certain product.
• Kept record of sales in a computer based software.
• Handled customer complaints and processed refunding or item replacing requests daily.
• Organised a sales campaign for launching of the cosmetic’s section at the store.
• Presented monthly sales report together with productive suggestions for improving sales.
• MS Office Applications
• Windows / Macintosh
• Exceptional convincing expertise.
• Matchless compelling power along with motivation to enhance the hiring company’s sales.
• Time management and multitasking.