Sales Associates are employed by various industries and are responsible for selling products and services and maximizing revenues. Working primarily in a retail setting, the role of a sales associate is very important. Generally, sales associates are the first set of people a customer meets when they arrive at a store. They provide customers with information regarding services and products and answer their queries. They are also responsible for helping customers in making choices and assisting them to locate items they want to purchase and also providing information regarding any particular product they are interested in.
The main duty of a sales associate is to sell an organizations products. In large retail stores, new customers always become confused as they don’t know that where to look for a particular product. It is the responsibility of a sales associate to make sure that each customer is directed are accompanied to the aisle where they want to go. They may be required to put a price on products, as well as update shelves if the price of any item changes, or when new products come in.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Sales Associate
• Greet the customer as they arrive at the shop in a polite and professional manner.
• Ask the customers what they are looking for and how can they be assisted.
• Assess customers’ requirements and provide assistance and information on product features.
• Direct the customers to the right direction or accompany them to the correct aisle.
• Provide information regarding product features and warranty agreements.
• Describe product and explain use, operation, and care of product to customers.
• Inform the customers regarding daily deals and promotions.
• Make sure that all shelves are properly arranged so the products are easy to reach.
• Assist customers with trying on items, finding appropriate sizes and completing purchases.
• Make sure that customers are aware of any discount offers associated with a product.
• Make sure that the work premises are neat and clean and the shelves are well-organized.
• Answer customer queries regarding the store and its merchandise.
• Receive payments in cash or credit cards in exchange of the products sold.
• Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
• Make sure that all purchased goods are delivered to the customers in a quick and efficient manner.
• Reserve products for online orders.
• Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
• Maintain a clean work environment and arrange products on shelves in a neat and tidy manner.
• Perform duties associated with shipping and receiving.
• Manage inventory and order supplies and food out of stock.