WordPress is a free publishing software and content management system (CMS) that is popular in America. The software is an open-source allowing developers to create a wide array of plug-ins, themes and widgets. WordPress is widely considered easy to use and is the CMS of choice for almost 75 million websites. To be able to say “I know WordPress” is like saying you have an asset for your resume nowadays.
WordPress developers have the most versatile skillset in the world. These professionals design, develop, maintain, test and implement WordPress themes and plugins for prospective clients or company. They also incorporate the existing HTML websites to WordPress in order to optimize a website for search engines, therefore, a good knowledge of HTML & CSS is required.
Following is an excellent resume sample for the position of a WordPress developer designed for your assistance.
WordPress Developer Resume Sample
75 Model Road
Springfield, Illinois 8365
(934) 847-2483, Seamus@email.com
SUMMARY: An enthusiastic and detail-oriented WordPress developer with extensive experience with WordPress plugins and widgets. Particularly skilled in supporting current websites, managing client website projects and collaborating with development teams. Gifted with exceptional WordPress proficiency, ability to delegate along with an eye for marketing.
|● MySQL, PHP5||● CSS3, AJAX||● Linux, Apache|
• Helped the marketing team with debugging HTML emails sent out to customers.
• Trained new developers in utilizing front-end frameworks such as HTML Boilerplate and jQuery.
• Handled a really complex project with other developers and completed it in the given time limit.
• Increased web and social media traffic to the BART Silicon Valley by improving the website and social media pages of the project.
WordPress Developer | AAA Cooperation, Springfield, Illinois | May 2014 – Present
•Built client websites with WordPress.
• Customized WordPress plugins and built new custom plugins according to the client requirements.
• Developed themes and plugins.
• Assisted in monitoring and reporting on web traffic and performance.
• Create social media sites that are interactive in nature.
• Tracked campaign results using Google Analytics.
• Obtain estimates for programming and development needs.
Webmaster | ABC Organization, Springfield, Illinois | December 2009 – April 2014
•Developed writing strategies to help facilitate search engine optimization for the office’s website.
• Gathered jpegs and took pictures to post on sites.
• Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
• Oversee social media posts on different platforms for appropriate content.
• Worked with other related sites and vendors to cross promote and market the Studio.
• Substantial knowledge of WordPress security best practices and industry standards.
• Highly skilled in creating responsive webpages.
• Well-versed in modern database development
AAA State University – Springfield, Illinois | 2007
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science