Property Caretakers, who are also known property managers, are responsible for maintaining the assigned property and providing gardening, housekeeping, and other services as per the property owner’s requirements.
Duties of a property caretaker include supervising daily operations, making repairs, performing seasonal Maintainance, cleaning premises, resolving tenant issues, maintaining supplies inventory, and ensuring building security.
Individuals working as property caretakers should exhibit skills in landscaping, building maintenance, pool maintenance, and tenant management along with good communication skills, numeracy skills, organization, and problem-solving.
While no specific level of education is required for a property caretaker job, however a college degree and industry-related experience can enhance your employability.
Property Caretaker Sample Resume
987 Sample Avenue, Atlanta, GA 12345
Hard-working and talented professional with 7+years of experience as a property caretaker. Adept at providing gardening and housekeeping services, supervising daily operations, making repairs, and performing regular maintenance tasks. Excellent track record of monitoring the security and safety of the property at all times. Capable of maintaining positive relationships with homeowners, tenants, and visitors
– Building Maintenance – Landscaping
– Property Security – Supplies Inventory
– Premise Lockdown – Equipment Operation
– Records Management – Conflict Resolution
– Patrolling – Emergency Response
(Mention your accomplishments here)
ABC Company, Atlanta, GA
• Monitor security and safety of the property at all times
• Allow only tenants’ and residents’ vehicles on the premises
• Perform regular maintenance and repair work
• Perform landscaping and gardening services
• Perform light plumbing and carpentry work when needed
• Set up and monitor CCTV recordings
XYZ Estates, Atlanta, GA
June 2012-June 2015
• Familiarized me with tenants’ and residents’ vehicles and allowed only them on the premises
• Kept a constant watch on the property, locked and unlocked all doors, gates, entries, and exits
• Investigated and reported any unusual activities within the property
• Handled gardening chores like cutting grass, planting trees
• Kept assigned areas clean and free of debris
• Removed snow and ice from the property in winter
• Recorded property deficiencies and took appropriate action
High School Diploma
ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Atlanta, GA