Production workers are an important part of any manufacturing facility. Depending on the industry in which they are employed, production workers are responsible for operating machines. assembling product parts, handling soldering tasks, lifting items, and packaging products.
They are also responsible for performing quality control functions in order to make sure that the final product is of fine quality and has no defects.
To work as a production worker, one must be proficient in using various hand tools and equipment. Moreover, he/she should be physically dexterous and have good mathematical skills, mechanical abilities, accuracy, attention to safety, time management, and teamwork ability.
Generally, a high school diploma is enough to work as a production worker.
Production Worker Sample Resume
612 Sixth Street, Boise, ID 12345
ken_smith @ email . com
Highly motivated and result-oriented production worker with 5+ years of experience in operating equipment, assembling parts, handling soldering tasks, performing quality control functions, loading/unloading items, and shipping products. Capable of working well in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, and handling production problems. Flexible schedule and the ability to work shifts or occasional weekends.
• Equipment Operation
• Gauge Management
• Assembly Line Management
• Production Cycle
• Inspection and quality control
• Packing and Labeling
• Malfunction Handling
• Preventative Maintenance
• Inventory Management
• Workplace Safety
(Mention your accomplishments in this section)
ABC Company, Boise, ID | April 2016-Present
• Start and stop production machinery at beginning and end of the shift respectively
• Manage valves and gauges to regulate the flow of liquids or electricity
• Mix ingredients in the right amount
• Assemble parts by hand
• Utilize various power tools to solder, weld, drill, and attach parts.
• Perform inspection and quality control functions and remove faulty or damaged parts from the production line
• Label and pack the finished products
• Clean and maintain the tools and equipment
XYZ Company, Boise, ID | February 2013 – March 2016
• Set up production equipment at the beginning of each shift
• Calibrated production equipment at the beginning of each shift
• Managed valves and gauges with the aim of regulating the flow of liquids or electricity
• Operated production line equipment
• Provided assistance with mixing of ingredients in right amount according to the given instructions
• Stored the finished products properly in the designated storage area
• Cleaned and maintained measuring instruments and equipment at end of each shift
• Kept the work area clean
ABC High School, Boise, ID – 2011