Most of the individuals think that the titles real estate brokers and real estate agents represent the same position but in reality, it is not true. A real estate broker or real estate salesperson is a person who has taken education beyond the agent level while real estate agents have to work for brokers. A real estate broker acts as an intermediary between sellers and buyers of commercial and residential properties and attempts to match up sellers who wish to sell and buyers who wish to buy.
Generally, it is not easy to find appropriate properties yourself which is why seeking assistance of a real estate broker makes sense. These professionals not only locate properties according to your requirements and preferences, they also handle the paperwork associated with it. Also estate brokers have a lot of marketing exposure and are thus able to put out their clients’ properties into the market to generate quick results.
There are many other duties that a real estate broker is required to carry out some of which are listed below:
Job Description for Real Estate Broker Resume
• Solicit potential clients to buy, sell, and rent properties.
• Communicate with clients in order to determine their buying and selling preferences and requirements regarding real estate.
• Obtain agreements from property owners to place properties for sale with real estate firms.
• Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold, in order to determine its competitive market price.
• Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details.
• Take prospective buyers or renters to see properties.
• Provide clients with detailed property information by creating presentations.
• Maintain knowledge of local real estate market developments.
• Mediate negotiations between the buyer and seller.
• Prepare documents such as Purchase Contracts, Rental Agreements, and Property Disclosures.
• Ensure the property being sold or bought is free from any kind of legal dispute.
• Recruit and train new real estate agents.
• Check work completed by loan officers, attorneys, and other professionals to ensure that it is performed properly.
• Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms to ensure that they are handled in a timely manner.
• Review property details to ensure that environmental regulations are met.
• Promote properties through advertisements, open houses, and listing services
• Act as a liaison during the closing of sales.
• Work with real estate appraisers to ensure smooth deal closure.