Candidates often find it difficult to write a resume for the position of a psychological counselor. But actually, it is not that hard. Just follow the steps given below and you will be able to compose an outstanding resume for the psychological counseling position.
Gathering all the required information: Before you start writing your resume, gather necessary information including your job related skills and experience, education and the like.
Organize all the information into categories and sections: Next thing to do is to organize all the information into categories and sections. Typically, a resume is divided into following sections:
Format and proof read your resume: Choose an effective format for your resume and add all the information. Check your resume several times before sending for spelling and grammatical errors.
Below is an example resume for psychology counseling specially designed your assistance.
Resume Template for Psychology Counseling Position
649 Lake Road | Juneau, Alaska 75937 | (345) 456-2532 | email@example.com
Committed and highly dedicated psychological counselor offering 7+ years’ experience in psychotherapy as well as individual, couple and groups counseling. Excellent ability to explore emotional issues with clients and develop an appropriate plan of action to resolve them. Moreover, I have a strong grip over modern and contemporary counseling techniques related to different psychological perspectives. Qualifications include:
• Skilled in Behavioral Monitoring and Evaluation, Psychological Testing, Therapeutic Intervention, and Psychological Research.
• Possess excellent diagnostic skills and therapeutic applications.
EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
XYZ Hospital, Juneau, Alaska | January 2013 – Present
• Develop and maintain strong professional relation with clients.
• Evaluate and assess client’s needs and strengths and use appropriate treatment methods to meet the different needs of each client.
• Develop treatment plans, monitor treatment progress, and follow-up at disposition.
• Applied various psychological methods and techniques in screening, assessment and evaluation of clients identified as substance abusers/chemically dependent.
• Developed treatment and behavior plans for children ages 4-17 with various diagnoses including autism, ADHD, and ODD.
Mental Health Counselor
City university, Juneau, Alaska | August 2008 – December 2012
• Maintained knowledge of and complied with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
• Developed individualized service plans for students
• Provided individual, group and family therapy services to individuals with diagnosed mental illness.
• Maintain confidential information of challenged youth through reports and group sessions
• Provided evidence based CBT to young people and families with severe mental disabilities.
Government College, Juneau, Alaska TX | 2008
Bachelor of Science in clinical psychology