In order to write a successful resume, make sure to that you make it targeted. The best way to create a good resume is to list down your areas of expertise and shortlist them to bring your competencies in line with the employer’s needs.
When crafting a maintenance porter resume, write your experiences and skills that will benefit the potential employer. Now make it a point to build your resume in a manner that the first impression it makes on the employers convinces them that you are the ideal candidate for the job.
Below is a resume sample for a maintenance porter position for your guidance.
Maintenance Porter Resume Template
672 Seventh Street ● St. Paul, Minnesota 34347 ● (782) 482-3456, firstname.lastname@example.org
A Reliable and qualified Maintenance Porter with 7+ years’ experience In performing cleaning duties such as cleaning rooms, vacuuming carpets, maintaining cleaning supplies inventory and doing minor repairs in various facilities. Excellent physical fitness and cleaning expertise along with good organization and problem-solving skills
• Highly skilled in maintaining overall cleanliness of assigned area.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination needed to perform small repairs.
• Extensive knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
• Strong background in vehicle maintenance and repair.
• Capable of removing snow using various techniques and equipment for ensuring a clean and safe path of everyone.
• Created an efficient process on how to clean apartments perfectly which is being used by fellow porters within the building.
• Received employee of the year award consecutively in year 2014 and 2015 for exceptional maintenance work
• Train 12 fellow porters on how to perform detailed cleaning in different building facilities
ABC Residential, St. Paul, Minnesota, September 2012 to Present
• Performed maintenance duties that involved sweeping, dust mopping, mopping, glassing cleaning, buffing, vacuuming, scrubbing, wiping, and replacing all dispensers or filters
• Identify need for repair and maintenance and make mental notes to acquire tools and materials
• Performed maintenance duties that involved sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing and replacing all dispensers or filters
• Shovel snow from parking areas and walkways
• Move, repair and paint furniture as and when required
• Maintained office equipment, and supplies
• Maintain awareness of meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean-outs
• Sorted and separated garbage and recycling for daily removal
• Maintain the grounds around the building
• Repaired broken equipment items to prevent possible health hazards
• Maintained accurate inventory and par levels and notify management of items needing to be ordered
XYZ Apartments, St. Paul, Minnesota, January 2008 to August 2012
• Swept, mopped, scrubbed and vacuumed hallways, stairs and office space
• Replaced light bulbs and fixed broken light fixtures
• Cleaned public restrooms and public seating areas
• Responsible for maintaining safety protocols and standards according to city and state regulations
• Steam clean or shampoo carpets, dust furniture and polished floors
• Maintained inventory of cleaning supplies
• Maintained pool area, grounds and play area of the building
Diploma: ABC SCHOOL, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2007