Personal shoppers provide assistance to customers while shopping. They guide the customers and make recommendations based on customers’ requirements. These professionals have substantial knowledge regarding products, trends, and services.
Since this job involves a lot of communication and interaction with customers, therefore, it is very important for personal shoppers to have good communication skills. Some other skills that are important for personal shopper positions are excellent customer service skills, time management, organization skills, and computer literacy.
No formal education is required for this position, while people in this role generally have a background in sales or fashion and marketing.
Personal Shopper Job Description
• Communicate with customers and place orders on their behalf either through live chat, telephone calls, or email.
• Ask clients’ about their requirements and what specific features they are looking for in a product.
• Make recommendations on the basis of user requirements and suggest new products and services.
• Look through order details to determine what may or may not be available.
• If a certain product may not be available, suggest any substitutes available.
• Respond to customer queries properly.
• Confirm customers’ orders and ask them if they have any special requests or any additional requirements.
• Lock customers’ orders and tell them the estimated delivery time.
• Look for the items ordered by the customers and place them in the shopping cart properly.
• Double check the items in the list and cart, make sure you have all the ordered items.
• Pay for the items purchased, properly place them in the car and drive safely to the customers’ delivery address.
• Provide customers with their orders and their receipt and collect payment.
• Thank customers and in case of negative feedback, handle it calmly and according to the company’s policies.
• Maintain a record of customer interactions on a daily basis.