Paraprofessionals are also known as educational assistants, teacher’s aides, instructional assistants or paraeducators. They usually work in schools under the direction of certified teachers. Paraprofessionals work with students for additional support; assist students, individually or in groups, with assignments by utilizing particular teaching strategies and acquired knowledge of learning styles. Paraprofessionals also manage tests of students.
A Paraprofessional Cover Letter is a letter of introduction that accompanies your job application or resume. It personalizes and presents your skills and qualifications for a Paraprofessional position and is written to get you an interview.
This Cover Letter Sample for Paraprofessional Resume will provide you with the opportunity to make your exceptional letter.
Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample
88 Example Street
Boston, MA 52253
January 09, 2012
Ms. Rose K. Anderson, Principal
Boston Public Schools
24 New Wales Street
Boston, MA 52147
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am applying for the Paraprofessional position as advertised through your school district’s web site. I have three years combined experience with young children and am enthusiastic to pursue my career in teaching.
I love working with individual and small groups of children to reinforce new skills initially introduced by the teacher. After my student teaching experience last year, I obtained a teacher aide position at Rapides Parish School District where I have further polished my capabilities.
As you will see in my resume, I accomplished the following tasks at my previous place of work:
• Assisted the Lead Teacher with instructing and supervising children in classroom activities, particularly those children identified as having a moderate to severe disability
• Helped in designing and completing documents panels for the classrooms
• Assisted with important daily activities such as classroom transition times, mealtimes and toileting.
• Utilized appropriate language, interactions and positive discipline
• Maintained open conversation with parents by scheduling and conducting parent and teacher conferences and home visits
• Interacted with various young children from diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
As an enthusiastic paraprofessional, I would like to have the opportunity to discuss my qualifications and to schedule an interview time suitable for your hiring committee. I can be best reached during afternoons at [Your Contact #]. Also, I will call you next week for follow-up.
Thank you for your time and consideration.