Messengers work in different environments where they are required to deliver messages, transport packages and mails etc. The work of a messenger is difficult and demanding. It requires great sense of responsibility and involves a lot of travelling.
These professionals ensure the confidentiality of the message, packages and documents and deliver it may be somewhere within the organization they work for, a city, state or a country. Depending on the type of message or package being delivered, messengers essentially work on a predefined schedule.
Delivering a mail through courier involves too much documentation. Also, it may take a many days to deliver a mail. Therefore, most of the companies hire messenger to deliver messages or documents in fast and efficient manner.
Take a look at the following list of duties of a messenger to understand this position further:
Sample Job Description and Duties of Messenger
• Handle the delicate packages and parcels with great care.
• Deliver the packages and messages efficiently and on time.
• Deliver the parcels and documents to the addresses mentioned on the package.
• Pack the items to be delivered in a safe and proper manner before deliver.
• Drive vehicles in order to reach destinations to deliver packages or messages.
• Deliver packages in a timely fashion.
• Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and professional manner.
• Guarantee the highest degree of security of shipment
• Keep record of package delivery information, such as time of delivery and recipient’s name.
• Make sure that the documents and packages are delivered safely and ensure their confidentiality.
• Maintain a record of incoming and outgoing packages.
• Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
• Check with home offices after completed deliveries, in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries.
• Receive incoming packages and assign for delivery to intended recipient.
• Prepared itemized delivery sheet for items of package to be delivered.
• Load and unload trucks.
• Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivery.
• Use telephones to deliver verbal messages.
• Responsible for collecting and handling cash from banks and other customers.