Front office medical assistants are responsible for performing clerical tasks as well as providing direct assistance to medical specialists.
The general duties of these professionals include scheduling appointments, greeting patients, transcribing medical reports, billing, and handling medical inventories
Essential skills for the job are good communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer-service orientation along with knowledge of medical terminologies.
A high school diploma and medical receptionist training are required for this position.
Front Office Medical Assistant Sample Skills
• Skilled at scheduling appointments and greeting incoming patients.
• Talented at taking patients’ vitals and preparing them for physical examination.
• Competent at collecting blood and urine samples for laboratory tests.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, EMR, and other medical software.
• Strong knowledge of medical procedures and terminologies.
• Successful administrative and clerical experience.
• Unmatchable customer service and communication skills.
• Excellent time-management and organization expertise.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Familiar with HIPPA-issued protocols related to infection control.