Legal interns are students or fresh graduates who practice law in an attorney’s office.
These professionals are responsible for assisting attorneys with projects. Typical duties include doing research, handling paperwork, interviewing clients, and preparing legal memoranda.
Skills mentioned in a legal intern resume include substantial legal knowledge, familiarity with legal terminologies research skills, and computer competencies along with good communication and organizational skills.
Legal Intern Sample Resume
39 Noon Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 49357
A detail-oriented individual with excellent research and investigative expertise, willing to obtain a legal intern position at ABC Legal Department. Offering sound knowledge of general law and legal proceedings along with good communication and organization skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
|• Interviewing Victims and Witnesses||• Documents Maintenance|
|• Legal Research||• Fact Checking|
|• Testifying||• Litigation Process|
• Represented the law school in a student’s legal case, which ultimately proved false.
• Selected to represent the school at a convention on international law.
Example Attorneys, St. Paul, Minnesota
January 2023 – February 2023
• Greeted clients, victims, and witnesses to the office.
• Interviewed witnesses and victims to gather initial information.
• Performed legal research and investigated facts.
• Documented gathered information accurately.
• Submitted prepared reports to help attorneys with cases.
• Performed administrative and clerical tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
The Law School, St. Paul, Minnesota – 2023