Legal interns are students or fresh graduates who practice law in an attorney’s office.
These professionals are responsible for assisting attorneys with projects. Typical duties include doing research, handling paperwork, interviewing clients, and preparing legal memoranda.
Skills mentioned in a legal intern resume include substantial legal knowledge, familiarity with legal terminologies research skills, and computer competencies along with good communication and organizational skills.
You can apply for the position of a legal intern during or after graduating from law school.
Legal Intern Sample Job Description
• Welcome clients to the office and collect initial information.
• Interview victims and witnesses.
• Document all the gathered information to present to the law.
• Conduct research and prepare reports to assist attorneys with cases.
• Prepare client corespondence and legal memoranda.
• Review and summarize case files.
• Draft contracts, wills, corporate charters, and other legal documents.
• Ensure confidentiality of case files.
• Participate in client meetings and trials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.