Ushers work at recreational places like theaters, sports stadium etc. where they are required to perform many duties that are essential in ensuring that customers enjoy their shows. Ushers are also responsible for checking in patrons and showing them to their seats while making sure that the customers are comfortable.
The role of an usher is said to be an unskilled one as you do not need to have any prior experience or formal education but one should be able to read properly. A high school diploma may be considered as a standard for hiring ushers.
Ushers are require to be physically fit and active as they need to stay in the standing position for long periods of time. Ushers are also required to take part in cleanup activities after every show to make sure that the theater is neat and clean.
Generally, ushers work in different places where they are required to perform more or less same duties, some of which are listed below:
Usher Job Description Sample
• Make sure that theaters or auditoriums are neat and clean at all times.
• Provide the guests with information based on their movie, also informing the guest on special offers, rewards and directions
• Guard aisles in the theater in order to prevent overcrowding
• Check ticket and prevent anyone with invalid tickets for certain seats from entering.
• Welcome patrons with a pleasant and hospitable disposition.
• Direct patron to their respective seats and inform them regarding theater rules
• Make sure that no customer have items with them and ask them politely to leave it outside if such an event occurs
• Enforced the “non-smoking policy” by politely confronting and informing patrons
• Assist guest with seating, using a flashlight for darker events
• Regulate theatre walk-throughs pre and postproduction to maintain theatre appearance in order to provide an enjoyable experience for patrons.
• Clean lobbies, auditorium and all exterior and common areas on theatre
• Effectively communicate and interacts with customers either by phone and in-person
• Respond to customer concerns and complaints to ensure satisfaction
• Vigilant of noisy patrons, cameras, and disruptive actions to ensure a smooth performance