Excavator operators are responsible for operating and controlling excavators and other heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, hydraulic trucks, and cranes in a safe manner.
Duties of an excavator operator include performing maintenance checks, repairing equipment, implementing safety measures, and handling inventories.
An individual working as an excavator should be physically fit and have good stamina coupled with great attention to detail, accuracy, organization teamwork, and time management. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally required for this job.
Excavator Operator Sample Job Description
• Operate excavators and other machinery to dig out grounds according to the project needs.
• Load and unload rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
• Operate heavy equipment and machinery in a safe manner.
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment.
• Check filters, grease and refuel equipment, and perform minor adjustments and repairs.
• Ensure adherence to operating safety policies and procedures.
• Keep equipment clean and well maintained at all times.
• Coordinate with other workers and supervisor on site.
• Remove debris and keep the work area clean and tidy.
• Record a report of inventory and completed tasks on a daily basis.
• Report injuries and other accidents to the supervisor.