Hotel managers are responsible for ensuring that all the operations of the establishment are running smoothly. These professionals are further responsible for making sure that their guests are feeling welcomed.
The general duties of hotel managers include managing budgets, enforcing safety rules and standards, answering customers’ queries, and resolving their complaints. They are also in charge of developing marketing strategies and recruiting and training new employees.
An ideal candidate for the hotel manager position should possess excellent supervisory and managerial skills coupled with problem-solving orientation, leadership, and organization.
Given below is a list of some duties that a hotel manager is expected to perform on a typical working day:
Sample Duties for Hotel Manager
• Welcome guests as they enter the establishment.
• Ensure that proper service is provided to the guests despite rush or any other factor.
• Interact with the customers and ensure that they are satisfied.
• Handle customer complaints and queries.
• Supervise hotel staff including receptionists, kitchen personnel, and office workers.
• Resolve any issues or complaints about hotel services, and amenities.
• Plan activities and manage shifts.
• Manage budgets, analyze and interpret financial information and maintain statistical records.
• Maintain proper records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
• Develop and implement effective marketing strategies to promote hotel services.
• Gather and assess customers’ feedback.
• Make sure that the hotel obeys licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations.