Excavator operators are responsible for operating and controlling excavators and other heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, hydraulic trucks, and cranes in a safe manner.
Duties of an excavator operator include performing maintenance checks, repairing equipment, implementing safety measures, and handling inventories.
An individual working as an excavator should be physically fit and have good stamina coupled with great attention to detail, accuracy, organization teamwork, and time management. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally required for this job.
Excavator Operator Sample Skills
• Skilled in operating excavators and other heavy equipment for digging grounds and moving materials.
• Talented in loading and unloading equipment from vehicles and trailers.
• Proficient in completing required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation.
• Qualified to follow site grading and operations plans.
• Profound ability to maintain inventory and report injuries or accidents to the supervisor.
• Expert in keeping a record of tasks completed on a daily basis.
• Competent at greasing and refueling equipment and performing minor repairs and adjustments as and when required.
• Especially skilled in carrying out routine maintenance and safety checks to make sure that the equipment is working properly.
• Demonstrated expertise in keeping the equipment neat and well maintained at all times.
• Capable of ensuring that the site is clean and organized at the end of every shift.
• Excellent customer service, project oversight, accuracy, teamwork, and time management.
• Physically fit and able to stand strenuous and dangerous work environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Deep analytical understanding and problem-solving skills.