Excavator operators are responsible for operating and controlling excavators and other heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, hydraulic trucks, and cranes in a safe manner.
Duties of an excavator operator include performing maintenance checks, repairing equipment, implementing safety measures, and handling inventories.
An individual working as an excavator should be physically fit and have good stamina coupled with great attention to detail, accuracy, organization, teamwork, and time management. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally required for this job.
Excavator Operator Sample Cover Letter
February 12, 2020
Mr. Jess Watson
397 Noon Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70892
Dear Mr. Watson:
I am interested in working as an Excavator Operator at ABBC Company. I am positive that I am the right person because I have held an excavator license coupled with 1 year of training, and can be immediately contributory.
During the course of my training, I was responsible for operating excavators in a safe manner for digging out grounds, and loading and unloading debris and other materials from heavy equipment. I was also responsible for performing daily maintenance and safety checks to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment.
Listed below are some of the skills that I developed through my training:
• Operating heavy equipment and machinery in a safe manner.
• Performing routine maintenance and safety checks to make sure that the equipment is working properly
• Greasing and refueling equipment and performing minor repairs and adjustments as and when required.
• Deep analytical understanding and problem-solving skills.
• Customer service, project oversight, accuracy, teamwork, and time management
I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to discussing my application with you in greater detail. Should you need any more information, please get in touch with me at (293) 941-9302.