Front desk personnel serve as the first face of the organization. These professionals greet visitors or guests as they enter the organization and provide them with necessary information. Therefore these professionals are required to possess an outgoing and pleasant personality along with neat and professional appearance and attitude.
Front desk representatives are hired by many settings including hotels, hospitals, banks, spas and businesses. Their duties vary depending upon the type of organization they work for example, a front desk clerk in a medical center provides information concerning the medical procedures and services and also help patients in filling their registration forms.
In the same way, a front desk clerk in a hotel setting is required to provide guests with information regarding the room availability, answer questions and address complaints and like.
Some more duties that the front desk representatives are required to provide.
Sample Job Description for Front Desk Resume
• Welcome customers as they enter the setting and provide them with necessary information.
• Direct guests and visitors to the correct department or concerned person.
• Answer all incoming calls, record them or direct them to the appropriate recipient
• Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
• Arrange meeting and make preparations according to the executives calendar.
• Properly handle guest accounts to ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests.
• Provide information regarding availability, room types, and room rates.
• Help visitors in registration processes.
• Provide customers with information regarding organization’s services and procedures.
• Make sure that all items present on the shift checklist are managed properly.
• Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties.
• Make transport arrangements for customer and personnel.
• Maintain inventory and place order for supplies that are short.
• Coordinate with vendors to guarantee constant supply of office materials.
• Work together with marketing and administration departments and provide assistance with projects when required.
• Assist with general office functions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems and handle customer complaints.
• Take reservation requests over the telephone or in person (in a hotel environment).
• Ensure reception area is tidy.