A resume is a the first document a hiring manager will look at when reviewing your application. Therefore, it is important that you put enough time and effort in composing your resume. Moreover, a resume for any position that you apply for should be personalized and up-to-date.
A resume for the position of fitness instructor should demonstrate skills like assisting clients with proper body alignment, equipment and safety; giving advice on nutrition and weight-loss etc. You can also include your qualification and previous experience in your resume. Additionally, it is important to make sure that your resume for fitness instructor position is in accordance with the contemporary resume writing standards, otherwise your resume will not stand a chance of being read.
Below is a sample resume for the position of fitness instructor that will assist you further in this regard:
Fitness Instructor Resume Sample
738 Seventh Street • St.Paul, Minnesota 74659 • (837) 827-6813 • kevin @ email . com
A highly skilled and dedicated training professional with 6 years experience teaching aerobics. Capable of providing exceptional personal as well as group training. Excellent track record in helping clients achieve fitness goals through customized exerciser programs and diet plans. Expert in yoga, Pilates, body pumps and body attack techniques. CPR and First Aid Certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
♦ Stamina Enhancement ♦ Equipment Maintenance ♦ Weight Loss/Gain
♦ EAP Implementation ♦ Group Motivation ♦ Diet Plans
♦ Emergency Response ♦ Individualized Training ♦ Injury Rehabilitation
♦ Safety Auditing ♦ Work Out Assistance ♦ Health Awareness
• Designed, prepared, executed and monitored group fitness programs for land and water boot camps that met on a 4-day a week basis for 6 weeks.
• Improved client satisfaction by 40% by monitoring clients’ progress and movement and suggesting appropriate exercise substitution to facilitate continuous progress.
ABC FITNESS CENTER, St.Paul, Minnesota
Fitness Instructor, September 2014 to Present
• Design classes to match the skill and learning levels of all participants
• Demonstrated proper use of equipment to new clients
• Evaluated individual’s fitness status and create an effective exercise prescription to meet their needs
AAA FITNESS CENTRE, St.Paul, Minnesota
Gym Attendant, July 2010 to August 2014
• Provided excellent customer service and assisted patrons complete gym membership applications.
• Supervised patrons in properly handling gym equipment.
• Maintained the gym area and equipment neat and orderly.
• Observed and enforced all rules and regulations of the facility in a professional manner.
INSTITIUTE OF SPORTS AND MEDICINE, St.Paul, Minnesota, 2010
Associates Degree in Health and Fitness
American Council on Exercise ACE
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America AFAA