The purpose of a delivery driver resume is to grab the possible employer’s attention. Gone are the days when resumes contained the whole professional life of the candidate. Customized and concise resumes are need of the hour.
• Begin your resume with a modified performance synopsis or a strong objective statement. Use powerful adjectives and industry specific keywords in it.
• Remember to include a separate achievements section describing your specific success in the driving arena.
• Mention only relevant experiences.
Delivery Driver Resume Example
Daniel Radcliffe 5674 Example Street Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 76312 (725) 827-3872, Daniel@email.com
Performance Summary: Active and customer-focused Delivery Truck Driver with Class C CDL and 7 years’ excellent track record driving different heavy vehicles. Exceptional team work spirit with insight to coordinate routes and delivery details perfectly. Skilled with GPS Navigation, highway traffic laws and OSHA safety driving protocols.
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
|• Route Scheduling||• Log Keeping||• Loading/Unloading|
|• Long Distance Driving||• Map Reading||• Auto/Manual Transmission|
|• Order Tracking||• GPS Navigation||• Pressure Brakes|
|• Material Packing||• Road Safety||• Vehicle Maintenance|
• Increased customer satisfaction level by 55% through illustration of outstanding customer service protocols and quick complaint follow up.
• Minimized annual vehicle maintenance costs by $20000 by providing preventive maintenance on time.
• Solved a combustion mixture issue in the assigned vehicle improving engine efficiency and cost effectiveness by 38%.
AAA COURIER SERVICE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania| August 2010– Present
• Cooperate with the company about delivery order details.
• Selected shortest routes through GPS navigation and delivery list.
• Check the weather conditions before beginning of journey.
• Make sure that the loading and unloading of material is done in a safe manner.
• Pick material from company office and deliver it to recipients and maintaining signed record of each delivery.
• Conduct pre and post journey vehicle examination and general preventive maintenance of the vehicle.
ABC Motors,Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | January 2008 – May 2010
• Helped the driver in locating addresses and determining best routes.
• Got road clearance from highway authorities before long routes.
• Kept the assigned vehicle in tidy, clean and workable condition.
• Loaded and unloaded the truck with goods.
• Maintained record of all journeys made, along with record of fuel fillings.
• Collected check and cash payments upon delivery when needed.
ST. JOHN’S SCHOOL,Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | 2008
High School Diploma
• Excellent physical stamina.
• Exceptional eye hand coordination.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs.
• Bilingual: English and Urdu.