Local Delivery Drivers are required to work within a certain area. They are responsible for driving their vehicle on planned routes and handling deliveries locally for a company. Duties of a local delivery driver include delivering goods, loading and unloading goods, following delivery schedules, and documenting their work.
Working as a local delivery driver requires a valid driver’s license along with safe driving skills. Furthermore, an individual working in this position should have good customer service skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to multitask.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is generally required for this job.
Local Delivery Driver Skills
• Skilled in loading and unloading goods and merchandise from the delivery truck carefully.
• Well-versed at stacking merchandise properly in the truck.
• Capable of moving, lifting and carrying heavy objects for extended periods.
• Excellent driving skills; capable of delivering goods to the destination efficiently.
• Competent in inspecting the vehicle before driving to make sure that it is in good working condition.
• Proficient in transporting goods from source to destination.
• Expert at handling goods to the customers, receiving payments for the goods and services provided, and generating receipts.
• Talented in interacting with customers in a polite and professional manner.
• Qualified to carry out preventative maintenance on assigned vehicles.
• Profound ability to maintain accurate and detailed driving and delivery logs.
• Track record of adhering to the assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
• Own a valid license issued by the sate and have a clean driving record.
• Excellent driving skills, attention to detail, and communication abilities.
• Excellent time management, multitasking, and customer service skills.