Most construction resumes are rejected because the applicant was not able to demonstrate all the relevant abilities in the resume. Resume writing is a complicated task and it is very difficult to write one’s whole professional profile on a single paged document. It is for that reason very important to compose your resume carefully.
In today’s job market, one requires a particularly tailored resume for every job applied for. While modifying your resume for a construction position, it is essential to go through the possible employer’s job requirements first. The relevant expertise must then be highlighted on your resume.
Below are some example skills that could be very useful while preparing a resume or job descriptions for construction position.
Sample Skills for Construction Resume
• Expert in performing and monitoring excavations.
• Well -versed at brick laying and establishing foundations.
• Expert in roofing and repairing.
• Talented in conducting renovations and refurnishing projects.
• Ability of site surveying and project preparation.
• Skilled in landscaping, fixing kitchen cabinets, windows and doors.
• Adept at different construction techniques and model implementation.
• Familiar with heavy machinery and vehicles used at huge construction sites.
• Proven capability to operate various construction machinery.
• Able to maintain construction equipment.
• Proficient in interior and exterior painting.
• Talented in basic plumbing, fixtures and drain piping.
• Profound skills to make timely, important decisions.
• Experienced in budget adjustment and cost estimation.
• Great attention to detail.
• Competent in quality inspection and pressure testing of projects in the process of completion.
• Well-versed in implementing projects with strict timelines and limited budget.
• Serving as a liaison to builders and architects.
• Demonstrated expertise to produce hand and computer based drawings for floor and building plans.
• Experienced in third party vendors coordination.
• Complete knowledge of schematics and blue print reading.
• Subcontractor management.
• Proven expertise of timely project reporting.
• Excellent construction documenting and record maintenance abilities.
• Multilingual ability: English/Urdu/Turkish.
• Adequate knowledge of state approved safe building guidelines by OSHA.
• Capable of managing construction equipment and tools properly and safely.
• Able to read architectural.
• Substantial knowledge of heating / ventilation and water channel protocols relevant to building and construction.
• MS office Suite.
• Microsoft Project skills.